About 2.9 million Californians (9%) aged 12 and older had a substance use disorder from the year 2018 to 2019. Yet, only about 10% of people in California struggling with substance use disorder received treatment in 2019.
Substance use disorder (SUD) can be very damaging to the addict and the people around them. Often someone with SUD will need treatment services in order to get sober.
Finding a Southern California rehab is important, and a big part of that is choosing a treatment center that is best for you. If you find a program that is the best fit for you, it can increase your chances of successfully completing treatment, leaving treatment sober, and maintaining your recovery after you leave treatment.
1. Decide What Your Rehab Goals and Needs Are
Before deciding on a drug and alcohol rehab in Southern California, it is important to define your needs and goals from treatment. First, determine what substances and behaviors you would like to recover from. Next, figure out if you have any underlying issues such as medical conditions or mental health disorders. Finally, set out goals to help you define what a successful treatment would be.
2. Factors to Consider
In addition to discovering what your rehab goals and needs are, there are a number of factors that can help you choose the best treatment for you.
- Level of Care
- Inpatient and outpatient treatment are offered for people struggling with substance abuse. Inpatient rehab is a high level of care where you stay on-site to be immersed in the recovery process. Outpatient rehab is a lower level of care where you commute to the center to get treatment throughout the day, but you do not live at the facility.
- Choosing between an inpatient and outpatient program should be based on your individual needs and how much care is necessary for you to find recovery. Inpatient rehab involves a detox program, so if you are abusing drugs and experience withdrawal symptoms, starting at an inpatient program may be best for you.
- Treatment facilities often specialize in a particular area of drug and alcohol treatment. Deciding where to go should be based on the center’s specialties aligning with your struggles. Look to see if the facility specializes in your particular addiction or mental health issue and if they have success rates of treating such issues.
- Treatments and Therapies
- Research to see what treatment programs the facility offers like a medical detox, inpatient (residential) treatment, outpatient treatment, or aftercare services. If the facility does not provide all of these services, it is a good idea to find out if they will help you transition to another facility when you have completed their treatment program.
- A good treatment center should offer evidence-based therapies to help increase your chances of long-term recovery. Evidence-based therapies are proven to be medically accurate and supported by research to help people with substance use disorders. Some examples of these kinds of therapy include Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), and medication-assisted treatment.
- For some people, looking for a treatment center close to home can be a more convenient option or a necessary choice if you have commitments close to home that you cannot leave for a long period of time.
- For others, finding a rehab that is far from home can be beneficial because it can completely break the connection between you and your former life. This can help when you are involved with toxic relationships and routines that trigger your substance use.
- Choosing a rehab in Southern California can be a great environment to recover from drugs or alcohol abuse. Consider our location when choosing a rehab that works for you.
- The cost of treatment may help you decide where you are capable of getting help. Treatment facility costs will vary based on length of stay and location. Although treatment can be expensive, there are options to make your recovery process possible.
- To help pay for rehab individuals often use the Affordable Health Care Act, Medicaid, Medicare, Private Health Insurance, self-funding, and loans. It is important to remember that the long-term costs of addiction can be far greater than the price of treatment.
- You can verify your insurance with us using this link.
- Do They Offer Medication?
- In individuals who suffer from SUD and experience withdrawal symptoms, it may become necessary to have a medically-supervised detox. In these situations, medication management can be vital in finding recovery. Finding a facility that offers these kinds of services will help you stay safe and more comfortable throughout your detox process.
- With individuals who suffer from dual diagnosis, SUD, and a mental health disorder, medication may be essential for treatment. The availability of medical professionals at the center for these types of people can be important so they can be prescribed the proper medication.
What the Rehab Should Ask You
The facility should ask you questions to determine if you are a good fit for their program and that they can offer you the services you need to find recovery. Some questions they should be asking include:
- What substances are you using? How much? How often?
- What other physical and mental health conditions do you have?
- Do you have a place to live, transportation, and resources to manage your life?
What You Should Ask the Rehab
In order to feel confident and know that you can trust the facility, understand what the treatment center has to offer. To find the best rehab for you and your needs, you should ask the following questions:
- Is the center licensed and accredited?
- What evidence-based treatments do they use?
- What specialty programming do they have for me?
- Do they offer medical care on-site?
- What levels of care do they offer?
Investigate Various Rehab Options
Now that you know what kinds of services you need to be provided, investigate a number of treatment facilities. Look through treatment websites and call to ask for additional information when needed.
A good treatment center will be open and honest about their programs and want you to get the services you need. Pick the facility that most closely matches all the factors you have determined to be right for you.
Find Addiction Treatment in Southern California
Everlast Recovery Centers in Riverside, CA are drug and alcohol abuse centers that offer detox and inpatient rehab. We are here to help individuals who are struggling with substance use disorder (SUD) in addition to people who have a dual diagnosis. The mental health disorders we can treat in people who are also struggling with SUD are depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder, trauma, and PTSD.
Everlast offers medication-assisted treatment as well as various therapeutic services. We combine evidence-based therapies with holistic methods to help provide recovery for our clients.
If you or a loved one are struggling with substance abuse, please contact us today to find out more about our program.